30 Business people tell what one thing they will do in the next 30 days to grow their businessJanuary 25, 2009
The other day I asked my networks for business people to respond to the question: “What is one thing you will do in the next 30 days to grow your business?” Here are 30 responses that came back. If this is the one thing, imagine what you can do for your business if you can accomplish more than just one?
1. Clean up my customer database and revisit those that have done business with me in the past but I have fallen out of touch with.
2. I will start blogging for my business.
3. I will learn about and engage in Social Media platforms.
4. I will audit and trim waste in my purchasing where possible.
5. I will hire an assistant.
6. I will update my website and publish more content that will create more conversions on my site.
7. I will find a strategic partner to partner with and team up on business development.
8. I will audit my service providers and terminate relationships where I am not getting my ROI.
9. I will hire another salesperson.
10. I will spend personal time training and working alongside my employees.
11. I will launch a second business that has developed through my first business.
12. I will launch an e-commerce platform to sell our products online (we currently only take phone orders).
13. I will free up my time from production to focus on sales and customer service.
14. I will host an open house event to reconnect with customers and vendors and allow them to see the growth we achieved in 2008.
15. I will clean up my desk.
16. I will upgrade my office technology to streamline operations and minimize downtime.
17. I will attend industry training classes to improve my skills and knowledge and continue my own education and improvement in my industry.
18. I will fire a dead-weight salesperson.
19. I will consolidate and streamline my IT department.
20. I will hire a consultant to accelerate my company’s growth into a new market.
21. I will attend a networking event once a week.
22. I will stop responding to these requests for info from Chris.
23. I will consolidate our offices and sublet the extra space to a friend with a startup business.
24. I will join my sales professionals on one sales call a week to assess any opportunities for growth or improvement.
25. I will upgrade my CRM software.
26. I will audit our insurance policies and see if there are savings to be had.
27. I will make Chris and his firm work harder on promoting my business this month.
28. I will contact ten new customers in each of my verticals to secure new business wins.
29. I will start selling into Europe (new markets).
30. I will learn how to use my Blackberry.
So, did you see anything on the list that might make sense for your business? Do you have any to add to the list? Leave a comment and let me know.
Posted in Marketing | Tagged 2009 business plans, @MrChristopherL, business growth, Christopher Lower, free ideas for growing your business, Grow your business in 30 days, Growing your business in a down economy, Marketing, public relations, social media, Sterling Cross Communications, Sterling Cross Group |